After praying and the cruciating interview, I finally got the job of a Events and Admin intern at SPEAK (http://www.speak.org.uk/)
I’m so happy, I just recieved the e-mail today from Sarah. I think they are such a great company that have Christian values whilst fighting for change. Their current campaign include the Big Dress Campaign, Arms Campaign. The charity’s focus s campaigning, lobbying and networking with similar actvists, organisation etc, who want to see fairer, wiser and more ethical ways of doing things.
SPEAK are innovative charity of Christian that consists of a network of people who fight for change andjustice in the world on the basis of Christian values.
My position of an Events and Admin Intern my consists of the following:
1. Planning and Cordinating Events;
- Ensuring creativity is injected into the event
- Inviting and liaising with a range of speakers, workshop leaders, artists and performers to build a good programme for our events.
- Assisting in the practical preparations, eg transport, set-up, preparing necessary equipment
- Ensuring adequate crew and volunteers are recruited.
2. Assisting with Speak Fundraising systems
- Developing attractive resources for donors
- Helping upgrade our current donor management systems
- Helping us develop exciting new creative community fundraising strategies through developing resources, working on publicity strategies and more.
3. General Administrative tasks
- Communications work – updating our website, using social media, sending Network emails etc
- Dealing with enquiries via post, email and phone
- Maintaining our database system
- Assisting with the task of reorganising our office systems and preparing to move the office to a new location.
I will be doing part-time two days in the week. Can’t wait! As I’ve always said JESUS IS THE MAN AND THE DEVIL WILL ALWAYS BE DAMNED!!!!